About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Hi my name is Sharlie, I will be a Secondary Geography PGCE student at Leicester University in Septemeber and am creating this blog as way of developing my subject knowledge. Up until now I have been a student at Coventry University reading Geography and Natural Hazards. I have always been interested in the environment and love nothing more than donning a pair of walking boots or wellies and exploring. I also love to go to new places and experience different cultures and have been lucky enough to have travelled to many places around the world!

Saturday 8 September 2012

Cultural Differences


   In the last post, I defined Cultural Geography and listed the components which made the topic up. Agriculture is a form of cultural geography as populations around the world farm differently depending on the climate, land available, machinery and access to food/fodder and water.

   The eight different types of farming include; pastoral, subsistence, arable, commercial, intensive, extensive, nomadic and sedentary; which reflect different ways of life.
 
   Slide shows are often used in teaching because it enables teachers to highlight the most important points. Pictures and diagrams can be added to reinforce these points and make them easier to understand and remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment